Monday, March 21, 2011

What To Do When It Hails

 Snow Sculptures
February 2011
   

Snow Sculptures in Charcoal
March 2011

   My son was let down one Saturday, late in February. I had moved to a mountain pass earlier that month, leaving my five year old son with his dad by the beach. The drive is less than two hours, but that Friday night it snowed. Hail followed on Saturday. My husband and I made small, crude snowmen on the hood of my car out of the hail. Then we gave into childish glee and threw them at each other.
   My son wanted to see the snow, to play in it as soon as I showed him the picture. He was very disappointed when he could not. So I drew him this picture, hoping to make him feel a little better.
 Arnoux got to play in the snow! We took a family vacation in Idaho during April's first week, and my son was very happy.!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this! Great art works!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Receiving the sketch and a letter in the mail made my son happier. He has visited since then, and is happy enough staying "on" the mountains. As am I.

    ReplyDelete